WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON COLLABORATION
Your Catchphrase is: “It's better together, There's no "I" in team. To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. Together Everyone Achieves More = TEAM”
You Like it When: Employees work together and support each other to create a positive work environment
Some Say: That you invented the team away day
Others say: That you want cheerleading to be recognized as an Olympic sport
All we know is: Your unique strength is promoting collaboration between your employees
Your Spirit Animal: Meerkat
Theme Tune: That's What Friends Are For
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Robin Williams and Princess Di
Primary Power: Collaboration: You are a leader who is a real people person. You ensure your employees have a voice and have their views heard in the decision making process. This is how you work towards your strength of making a collaborative working environment. You like achievement but to you it's more important that the team as a whole performs than you yourself. You are a great builder of team spirit.
Secondary Power: Support: You provide support for the needs of others. You have a generous nature and are willing to prioritize others needs over your own which builds great team loyalty.
Tertiary Power: Enthusiasm: As a leader you are supportive and cheerful, your enthusiasm allows you to see the positive. You natural style to encourage other people's ideas is a positive way that you engage your staff.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY COLLABORATION:
- When communicating with your boss be approachable, friendly and positive,
- Focus on building good relationships and demonstrate your loyalty to the team,
- Be warm and friendly,
- Show willingness to collaborate and work together as a team to achieve results,
- Avoid being aggressive or confrontational,
- If you disagree with them, let them know that the disagreement won’t end your personal or professional relationship.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.