WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON SUPPORT
Your Catchphrase is: “I am the wind beneath your wings”
You Like it When: Employees support each other and get on well together with minimum disruption
Some Say: That you are really the fifth Beatle but have stayed out of the limelight.
Others say: That Mother Teresa used to turn to you when she needed help
All we know is: Your boss power is being supportive
Your Spirit Animal: Beaver
Theme Tune: Imagine
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa
Primary Power: Support: Support, support, support is your mantra. Your team knows that you are always there for them. When many leaders do most of the talking, your secret weapon is that you are a great listener. Your employees know that your door is always open. And they never leave your desk feeling that you haven't listened to them. Your support is matched with biblical proportions of patience.
Secondary Power: Stability: You provide a stable, predictable work environment. Your employees have the confidence that you will not take any unnecessary risks. You have "safe hands" and your strength is providing an orderly, methodical work place.
Tertiary Power: Collaboration: In your team, you play less of a role as captain and more of a role as team counselor. You promote the team to work together and create a warm, trusting environment. You take extra care to make everyone feel included in the team.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY SUPPORT:
- When communicating with your boss be personable and build rapport,
- Show genuine interest in your boss as a person,
- Avoid being confrontational, using strong tone or body language, being overly aggressive, pushy, or demanding. They avoid confrontation and will recoil if approached in this way,
- Show kindness, sincerity and patience,
- Be specific about what you are doing and clarify how you are completing tasks. Explain your reasoning and give them time to adjust,
- Be dependable - do what you say you will when you say you will,
- Be a good team player and aim for harmonious working relationships with your fellow team members.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.