WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON STABILITY
Your Catchphrase is: “It's not done until it's right”
You Like it When: Employees are reliable and produce high quality work in a harmonious environment
Some Say: That you keep your jigsaw puzzles in alphabetical order
Others say: That you measured Pi to 100 digits before you could walk
All we know is: Your boss nickname is "The Rock" because of your steadiness and ability to provide certainty
Your Spirit Animal: Rhino
Theme Tune: Titanium
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Martha Stewart and Steve Jobs
Primary Power: Stability: Your team knows that they can rely on you for precision. With you in charge there is no risk of disorder. You are a poster child for The Prepper movement and if there was ever a disaster you are the one that people can rely on to have a Plan B and a backup plan to the backup plan. Change on your team is only ever managed at a steady and consistent pace.
Secondary Power: Accuracy: Your team knows that you don't waste their time with new ideas until you have carefully refined them. Your decisions are always well thought out and supported with meaningful data. Your team can depend on you to be objective.
Tertiary Power: Support: You love nothing better than when people need your technical expertise. You are step forward willingly when people need your help. You're not an angry-shouty boss because you maintain even control over your temper and emotions. You have a great deal of patience for your employees and you are resilient in tough situations.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY STABILITY:
- When communicating with your boss be precise about the plans and procedures you have in place for completing tasks and projects,
- Focus on being well organized and consistent,
- Sweat the small stuff! Pay attention to detail to ensure that your work is accurate and completed to a high standard,
- When you need them to make a decision give them enough information that they can analyze when exploring alternatives and before reaching conclusions,
- Be dependable - do what you say you will when you say you will,
- Avoid being aggressive or confrontational.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.