WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON RESULTS
Your Catchphrase is: “Just did it”
You Like it When: Employees get directly to the point and don't get lost in the details
Some Say: The difference between you and a pit-bull is that the pit-bull eventually gives up
Others Say: That you're the person that the Ghostbusters call
All We Know is: You are the boss that can deliver results like no-one else
Your Spirit Animal: Lion
Theme Tune: "Can’t Touch This" by MC Hammer
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Margaret Thatcher
Primary Power: Results: When you're in charge, we know that there are going to be results. What you turn your mind to, you accomplish. You have the determination to succeed. Unlike Donald Trump, you will never get tired of winning and you are not afraid of taking on any new challenge.
Secondary Power: Action: As a boss, there's no time for napping on your team or wasting time over analyzing. Action is your middle name. You have already beaten everyone else before lunchtime.
Tertiary Power: Challenge: There is no question that when you're in charge, you have a firm hand on the wheel. You're not afraid to set your own course and sail new seas alone.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY RESULTS:
- When communicating with your boss be brief and get directly to the point. Don't ramble or repeat yourself,
- Focus on tangible results. Tell your boss WHAT you have accomplished but don't bore them with the details of HOW you did it,
- Focus on business and not social topics,
- Manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and complete tasks to high standards,
- Be confident and focus on problem-solving,
- Make suggestions about how to achieve goals and not why they won't work,
- Don't focus too much on problems, negatives or small details,
- Don't make generalizations or statements without support.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.