WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON INSPIRATION
Your Catchphrase is: “Let's talk about you for awhile, tell me, what do you think about me?”
You Like it When: Employees are enthusiastic, listen well and can see the bright side. And they take rapid action, working well together
Some Say: That you were the inspiration for the song "Don't worry, be happy"
Others say: That you put on sunglasses when you go to the toilet
All we know is: You are the most inspiring and charming of all bosses
Your Spirit Animal: Dolphin
Theme Tune: Walking on Sunshine
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Bill Clinton and Oprah
Primary Power: Enthusiasm: If businesses hired cheerleaders then you would be the first on the team. Your enthusiasm is an inspiration to your team and you know that they sun is always shining somewhere. You are a great sponsor for exciting new opportunities. Innovation is your middle name. You convey your ideas with animation and expression.
Secondary Power: Action: You can be counted on to make quick progress towards exciting new solutions. Moss will never get a chance to grow beneath your feet. You don't get stuck thinking about the consequences, you like to get going right away because you know you can deal with any problems on the way. You are comfortable taking the lead and setting direction.
Tertiary Power: Collaboration: You are highly social and you value team collaboration. You're good at meeting new people and getting people involved. On your team there is no standing on the sidelines or getting left out.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY INSPIRATION:
- When communicating with your boss listen more than you talk. Give them the opportunity to verbalize their ideas as they usually have very creative thoughts and are good problem solvers,
- Show genuine interest in getting to know your boss. Be social. Build rapport and be friendly,
- Be passionate, optimistic and enthusiastic,
- Show willingness to collaborate and work together to achieve results,
- Write details down for them or check back in on occasion to make sure action items are being done to expectation and to detail,
- Don't negate their ideas or focus on how their solutions won't work.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.