WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON ENTHUSIASM
Your Catchphrase is: “Everybody's invited”
You Like it When: Employees work well together to create an exciting, innovative workplace
Some Say: You invented the phrase party back at mine
Others say: That you have a perfect attendance record - for every company social event that is.
All we know is: Your enthusiasm is highly contagious
Your Spirit Animal: Seal
Theme Tune: All You Need is Love
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Ellen Degeneres and Steve Martin
Primary Power: Collaboration: Collaboration is your middle name. While some leaders think they like working with people you embody this in every fibre of your being. You have a talent for making people feel included. As a leader you focus your energies on making everyone involved. You are a great motivator but you care about bringing other people on your team with you.
Secondary Power: Enthusiasm: You have a positive attitude which you share in your work and relationships. You know it's important to be enthusiastic about what you do. You've got little time for gloom and doom and prefer to keep work light-hearted. You like to share this positive energy with people around you.
Tertiary Power: Support: You are a supportive leader and flexible enough to work towards what is best for everyone. You support your staff through their struggles and show genuine concern. You're always available to give uncritical support.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY ENTHUSIASM:
- When communicating with your boss be warm and friendly,
- Focus on teamwork and building relationships,
- Show willingness to collaborate and work together towards what is best for everyone,
- Avoid conflict and aim to build harmonious working relationships with the rest of the team,
- Be optimistic and focus on the positives,
- Ask your boss for advice and guidance.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
he Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.