WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON CONSISTENCY
Your Catchphrase is: “Right every time”
You Like it When: Employees are dependable and help each other so that they all create high quality work
Some Say: That the Swiss railway system asks you what the time is
Others say: The only thing more dependable than death and taxes is you
All we know is: Your boss power is to provide consistency and stability
Your Spirit Animal: Elephant
Theme Tune: I am a Rock
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Bill Gates and Daphne from Frasier
Primary Power: Stability: If there's ever a need to maintain stability and consistency, there can be no better choice than you. You don't take risks until you are certain that everyone on your team has been consulted and is on-board. You provide a safe and predictable working environment that people feel secure in.
Secondary Power: Support: You are patient and support your team by putting their needs ahead of your own. You have the strength to accommodate other people's preferences. You have a considered, diplomatic approach to dealing with employees.
Tertiary Power: Accuracy: Your strength is to work systematically to achieve accuracy and produce high quality work. Your above average analytical ability leads to well thought out, considered, effective solutions.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY CONSISTENCY:
- When communicating with your boss be clear, calm and steady. Don't pounce problems on them or surprise them with changes. Communicate with them in advance and give them time to think about what you have said,
- Focus on collaboration and teamwork,
- Avoid conflict and strive to work harmoniously with the rest of the team,
- Avoid too many changes. If you feel it is necessary to change the way things are done be sure to consider your colleagues. Explain how the change will be beneficial for the team,
- Be respectful and diplomatic,
- Be dependable - do what you say you will when you say you will.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.