WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON ANALYSES
Your Catchphrase is: “You don't need to tell me that I'm right because I know”
You Like it When: Employees show you the data, give you the details and explain why.
Some Say: Dr. Spock was too emotional for you.
Others say: That you once made a mistake in first grade but your report card has been redacted.
All we know is: Your nickname is "Captain Correct" but you think that it should really be "Captain Always Correct"
Your Spirit Animal: Owl
Theme Tune: You Get What You Give
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Dr. Spock and Peggy Olsen
Primary Power: Accuracy: Your attention to detail is only second to your ability to produce accurate work. Nothing leaves your desk until it's perfect. Your mission is to produce superior results. You have the power for rational decision-making. Your team can rely on you being able to separate the facts from emotions and fiction. You are probably the strongest analytical mind in your department, if not the company.
Secondary Power: Stability: You operate in a restrained manner and your employees can rely on you to minimize risk. You avoid impulsive decisions and emotions to create a stable environment. Your decisions are well thought out and considered. If you're not well informed on a matter then you keep your mouth shut until you've had time to research all the facts.
Tertiary Power: Challenge: You push yourself and your team to do things the correct way and to work with the most optimal and productive methods. Your team members can rely on you to identify problems with the way they are working and to challenge them to higher quality work.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY ANALYSES:
- When communicating with your boss be sure to keep them well informed. Tell them WHY you are doing things and substantiate your argument with lots of facts and data,
- Ask your boss for clear parameters and instructions for completing tasks and projects and ensure that you adhere to these,
- Put accuracy before speed. Pay attention to detail to ensure that you avoid mistakes and produce work that is correct,
- Be systematic and logical in your thinking and planning,
- Do not speak in broad generalizations with no specifics, use details and explanations when possible,
- Try not to answer questions too vaguely or casually, as they need information and details to make sense of new plans and decisions,
- Avoid being confrontational or critical.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.