WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON ADVENTURE
Your Catchphrase is: “Always be closing”
You Like it When: Employees are action oriented, they deliver results by pushing themselves beyond the comfort zone
Some Say: That you were the photographer on the lunar landings
Others say: You invented the Microwave but didn't patent it because you thought it was too slow
All we know is: You are a boss that inspires your team to bold action
Your Spirit Animal: Jaguar
Theme Tune: Rocky Theme Song
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Richard Branson and Emily Lockhart
Primary Power: Action: If the starship enterprise needed a captain for an exciting, dangerous journey, there could be no better choice than you. And you would not hesitate to volunteer. As a boss you never wait for permission, you step forward and take the initiative.
Secondary Power: Results: Working on your team is like being in a fast moving whirlwind. You prioritize results and you move fast, directly towards these results. You like your team to be the winning team. And you have the charm to encourage your team members to help you to win.
Tertiary Power: Enthusiasm: You have huge amounts of enthusiasm and can inspire your team with your energy and your charm. You can be sure that there will never be a dull moment as a member of your team.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY ADVENTURE:
- When communicating with your boss tell them what actions you are taking to deliver results,
- Focus on delivering results quickly and efficiently,
- Be confident, bold and enthusiastic,
- Show willingness to try new things and take on challenges,
- Approach tasks with determination and commitment,
- Seek out new opportunities and make suggestions on how to do things bigger, better, faster.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.