WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON ACTION
Your Catchphrase is: “To boldly go - tell me again that it's impossible so I can prove you wrong”
You Like it When: Employees are action oriented, push themselves beyond the comfort zone and are innovative
Some Say: You're the person who wakes the rooster
Others say: Nike has to pay royalties to you for the just do it phrase
All we know is: You are a boss who's always moving forward and taking action
Your Spirit Animal: Puma
Theme Tune: Get Up, Stand Up
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Roseanne Arnold and Jay Leno
Primary Power: Action: Action is your first name, where others may waste time going ready, aim, fire, you've already gone fire, fire, fire because you know that with three shots you've got a better chance of hitting the target. Your employees will never have to wait for a decision from you, you work intuitively and don't need a lot of data to feel what's right. You move at a fast pace and people will have to work hard to keep up.
Secondary Power: Enthusiasm: You are the Braveheart of bosses, you can enthusiastically inspire people towards a common goal. People would love to know what type of coffee gets you going but the secret is that your energy comes from your own internal motivation to always be moving.
Tertiary Power: Results: You have a well-honed focus for results and project an aura of confidence and ambition. Unlike some leaders, you enjoy working through other people to achieve your goals.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY ACTION:
- When communicating with your boss tell them about your new ideas and the actions you are taking to get things done,
- Focus on being innovative and thinking out the box,
- Be confident, bold and enthusiastic,
- Show willingness to try new things and take on challenges,
- Keep up with your bosses fast pace. Take positive action to get things done quickly.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.