WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT
Your Catchphrase is: “Harder, Faster, Stronger”
You Like it When: Employees are driven to achieve high standards.
Some Say: That you wrote the lyrics for Harder, Faster, Stronger
Others say: That you once fired Donald Trump
All we know is: You are a boss that is brilliant at stretching your team to achieve results
Your Spirit Animal: Tiger
Theme Tune: Chariots of Fire
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Alan Sugar and Jackie Kennedy
Primary Power: Challenge: You are brilliant at challenging your team to do better. You know that there is a better way and you will never live an average life. In the quest to do better you will make sure that no stone is left unturned. Every option is explored. You set high standards for your team - you want your team to be good at what they do. You encourage your team to improve their skills and explore new, better ways of doing things.
You are brilliant at analyzing performance and methods. Where other people think everything is ok, you are the only one with the vision to see problems and find a better way.
Secondary Power: Results: You are result focused. There's no beating about the bush with you, you go directly to the truth. You can be relied on to speak your mind and give people an honest assessment.
Tertiary Power: Accuracy: You produce accurate, high quality work. When others go home, you can be relied on to make sure that everything is right. You are independent and self-sufficient. You don't need to rely on other people. Where others get confused by their emotions you can cut through and find the truth of the facts.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY ACHIEVEMENT:
- When communicating with your boss be brief and succinct, focusing on practical matters,
- Keep the focus on bottom line results,
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently,
- Sweat the small stuff. Attention to detail is vital to produce high quality results,
- Be proactive in taking actions that produce results,
- Don't go to your boss with problems. Rather present solutions.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.