WHAT IS THE BOSS SUPERPOWER ABOUT?
The Boss SuperPower is a fun personality profile with a serious side. It's based on a validated psychometric model. The aim is to provide meaningful insight in an entertaining way. If you have not found out your own Boss SuperPower, you can do that here. The mission of Manager Foundation is to make work a better place by improving self-awareness, communication and relationships. The Boss SuperPower profile shows bosses what they are good at, potential problem tendencies and how employees and bosses can work better together.
Note: The psychometric model displays tendencies and preferences. People are complex and vary. Obviously there will be some variation according to day, circumstance and relationship. (Most people behave differently to their mother and employees). Pro-tip: Bosses if you feel that any of this does not accurately describe you, use this as an opportunity to open a dialogue with your staff about what your preferences are.
YOUR BOSS SUPERPOWER IS YOUR DIRECT FOCUS ON DETERMINATION
Your Catchphrase is: “If it's not right then it's not my work”
You Like it When: Employees stick to the job until it's done right
Some Say: You once beat Gary Kasparov in chess by only using two knights and a pawn.
Others say: When Google is looking for something they call you.
All we know is: Your Boss Power is your determination for accurate results.
Your Spirit Animal: Wolf
Theme Tune: Push It
We suspect that you may be the lovechild of Woody Allen and Lisa Simpson
Primary Power: Challenge: You challenge yourself and the team to work optimally and produce the highest quality work. Your team members can rely on you to identify problems in their work outputs and processes. And you will challenge them to higher quality work. You can be relied on not to take on ideas before you have fully investigated them and assured yourself that it's a worthwhile idea.
Secondary Power: Accuracy: You work methodically and logically to produce work of the highest accuracy. Your drive is to achieve the best solutions. You can be relied on not to let emotions cloud your judgment. Your staff can be assured that all your decisions are well thought out and substantiated by validated data.
Tertiary Power: Results: You are willing to take charge of projects when your unique skills are needed. Like few other leaders you produce results but only of the highest quality. You encourage efficient working and like to keep things on track.
Pro-Tip: Want to find out more insights about your tendencies, strengths, blind spots and what other people think about you? Here's a link to get an upgraded DISC assessment.
HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES UNDERSTAND YOU BY SHARING THIS WITH THEM
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your boss has shared this with you as a method to develop a better working relationship and a better workplace.
- Employees who don't understand how their boss works and what preferences their boss has end up having difficulties in the workplace. Such as: Producing the wrong results, poor relationships and weak communications. This why many employees work hard but end up stuck because they are working on the wrong things in the wrong way.
- You can improve your job by understanding your boss's strengths, preferences and communication style. This will enable you to meet more of your boss's needs with less effort and improve your relationship with your boss.
TIPS FOR WORKING BETTER WITH A BOSS WHO IS DRIVEN BY DETERMINATION:
- When communicating with your boss, focus on the important tasks at hand and tell them what you are doing to get things done. Be prepared to answer their questions and support your answers with logic and supporting facts and data,
- Manage your time effectively. Ensure that you prioritize tasks and projects and meet deadlines,
- Be open to taking on new challenges,
- Work methodically and logically to produce high quality work that is accurate.
SELF LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES
Are you an employee who wants to take control of creating a rewarding & harmonious work environment? Get further in your career by working smarter, not harder:
The Boss Superpower is based on a DISC Psychometric Profile. People are different and the DISC profile is a powerful yet easy to use model to manage diversity in the workplace.
Find out how you can use DISC Psychometric Profiles to be a better boss and have a more rewarding career.