Fact: Meetings are the Single Largest Waste of Time...
Meetings are the single largest waste of time in organizations. Research shows that up to half of the time you spend on meetings is unproductive. The absence of meeting rules is a big contributing factor. Without a structured meeting protocol:
- Meeting planners don't have guidelines on how to run a meeting and;
- Meeting attendees don't have guidelines on what they should and should not be doing during meetings.
Use Ground Rules to Start Having Meetings That Matter
Establishing meeting ground rules results in engaged, productive, more effective meetings that:
- Run according to schedule;
- Stick to the agenda;
- Discourage distractions and disruptions;
- Get things done and improve employee productivity;
- Assign responsibility.