Interview Coaching is the difference between getting the job and waiting for the call that never comes
It's never been tougher to get a job
- The market is saturated with qualified candidates
- Companies are getting picky
- Interviews are getting tougher
You may be an excellent candidate but get it wrong in the interview and you won't get a second chance.
Interviewing is difficult and stressful. Train with a pro to interview like a pro.
Interviews are purposefully difficult. And good employees don't get much chance to practice their skills or get honest, helpful feedback. A professional interview coach can do something better than anyone else can - they can identify interview mistakes that are preventing you from getting the job
Manager Foundation trains recruiters - this is why Manager Foundation knows what recruiters are looking for in job interviews
AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT INTERVIEW COACHING CAN DO:
- The most economical package
- Individual one-on-one time with experienced coach
- Interview Question and Answer guide (with questions tailored to you)
- What questions to expect
- Be prepare for ANY difficult question
- Interview checklist
- What questions to ask
- and more
- Price $195
- All the goodness of the essentials
- More one-on-one coach time
- Plus a Psychometric Evaluation from an experienced service provider (retail cost over $200)
- Weakness evaluation and compensation strategies
- Strength identification and maximisation
- Personalised communication plan to communicate better and build rapport with interviewers
- Not sure of how to communicate your strengths & weaknesses - start here.
- Price $345
- All the goodness of the essentials and the Psychometric Evaluation
- Determination of your unique strengths and formulation of your unique selling proposition
- More preparation time by our coaches to save you time and have a more powerful interview. (For example researching target company and interviewers etc.)
- Changing jobs? Need a bullet proof interview - start here
- Price $495
- Do you have an upcoming interview?
- Would you like to stand out from the other candidates?
- Do you want to improve your confidence?
- Have you failed at interviews in the past?
- Do you want to take control of the interview process?
- Do you want to know what recruiters do with your psychometric assessment?
IF ANY OF THESE APPLY TO YOU, INTERVIEW COACHING WILL IMPROVE YOUR INTERVIEW SUCCESS.
You can practice interviews with friends and family but a professional interview coach:
- Will give you honest, helpful feedback
- Knows what to look for in behaviors and answers
- Knows what questions you are likely to face for your role
- Is unbiased, available and discreet
Interviewing well is an important life skill. Professional coaching is a small investment compared to improving your employment prospects.
Interview coaching success stories:
There are no prizes for second place
An interview is like a live performance. You have to produce a perfect performance in front of a highly critical audience. Worse: the audience will purposely try to trick you and find your weaknesses.
- You only have a short time to convince the recruiter that you are the best person for the job
- Being good at a job doesn't make you good at interviewing
- Body language and how you speak is as important as what you say
- You will face difficult technical questions and
- You never get any honest feedback, making it difficult to improve
You only get limited practice at interviewing yet it is the most important thing to get right in your job search. Interview coaching is what successful job seekers do.
Interviewing is a competition with stacked odds
A single job will start off with 5 - 10 first round interviews and could easily be a lot more. The odds are against you and the job market is full of well qualified candidates. If your competition does interview coaching and you don't they will interview a lot better than you. Even if they are a weaker candidate. Conversely, If your competition doesn't do interview coaching and you do, you will easily stand out.
Interview coaching success stories:
HAVE YOU EVER DONE AN INTERVIEW, NOT GOT THE JOB AND THEN WONDERED WHAT YOU DID WRONG?
As much as you'd like to find out why, It's not the job of interviewers to give you interview feedback. Interviewers don't have the time to give feedback to everyone they interview. Interviewers are reluctant to give feedback because of the legal risks around discrimination. If you do get feedback it's seldom helpful. Interview preparation coaches are the experts at assessing your interview technique and giving constructive, actionable advice.
Get the inside secrets on interviewing from the recruiters
WE ARE THE COMPANY THAT TRAINS MANAGERS HOW TO GIVE TOUGH INTERVIEWS. WE ALSO WORK EXTENSIVELY WITH RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS. THAT'S WHY WE KNOW THE INSIDE SECRETS TO INTERVIEWING AND WHAT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE ASKED.
Find out how to:
- Answer technical questions to prove your skills
- Answer difficult interview questions
- Answer behavioral interview questions
- Control interview nervousness
- Identify body language that is alienating recruiters
- Communicate your strengths to interviewers and more
THE ROLE OF PSYCHOMETRIC ASSESSMENT IN RECRUITING
A PERSONALITY TEST CAN ELIMINATE YOU FROM A JOB
Different types of people suit different types of jobs. Recruiters use psychometric assessments (commonly called personality tests) to match applicants to jobs. More advanced interviewers even change interview questions based on your psychometric profile. If the recruiter knows your behavior profile but you don't, you will be at a disadvantage. Worst case: many job applicants are eliminated because of concerns raised from their psychometric assessment. But it is possible to address these concerns if you know what they are and how. An interview coach will ensure that you are not eliminated because of a personality profile.
PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING TO FORMULATE SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW STRATEGIES
Psychometric testing identifies your strengths, weaknesses, how other people perceive you and how you interrelate with other personality types. An interview coach can use this information to:
- Improve your interview answers,
- Work out how to sell your strengths and
- To build better rapport with interviewers
Doing a psychometric test is not required for interview coaching. Personally I recommend psychometric tests because they aren't just for interviewing, they are important for life skills.
Don't lose out on your dream job
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
You send your resume and details about what job(s) you are applying for. Your Interview Coach will prepare a list of questions that you are likely to be asked in the interview and create a custom session for you. Sessions are done over Videoconference/ Skype. We ask that you wear your interview outfit for the session. Please advise us if you don't want your session recorded.
WILL COACHING INTERVIEW QUESTIONS REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Per wikipedia: "Research has shown that how well an applicant does in the interview can be enhanced with coaching" (ref). In my personal opinion there are a number of ways to prepare for interviews such as training interview questions but the best interviewing training is with a professional coach.
IS INTERVIEW COACHING AVAILABLE IN PERSON?
Interview coaches can give you face to face interview coaching in Sydney, London or Johannesburg by prior arrangement at one of our offices. If you would prefer interviewing techniques training in person contact Keith on +61 435 639 600.
WHY IS INTERVIEW COACHING DONE OVER VIDEO CONFERENCE?
The short answer is because this is convenient (in terms of location and availability). This helps keep time and price down and we find that many customers need coaching at short notice. Also video interviewing is the most difficult type of interviewing to be successful at. By coaching over the most difficult medium we believe we coach for your "worst case" scenario. Someone can interview well in person and not well over video.
CAN YOU TRAIN EFFECTIVE INTERVIEW SKILLS OVER VIDEO CONFERENCE?
Our coaches can see and hear you over video conference almost as well as in person. The shortfalls of video interview coaching are: 1. We can't test your greeting such as your handshake. 2. We can see most but not all of your body language in the video frame. Because of this we adapt the coaching to make sure these are covered. We've found that interview techniques training is surprisingly effective online.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO A VIDEO INTERVIEW?
A computer with a decent web camera and microphone, capable of running Skype. A Skype user ID (or Google Hangouts). Or it's also possible to use a smartphone or tablet (if these can be propped up in a suitable position).
WHY DO YOU ASK ME TO WEAR MY INTERVIEW OUTFIT?
When coaching interviews It's not compulsory for you to wear your interview outfit but we recommend it for three reasons:
- Some patterns cause video interference called moiré patterns. Plus lighting and colors affect how you are perceived. By testing we can check for this.
- We can give you feedback on whether your outfit is appropriate for the job interview. Like it or not what you are wearing could help or hinder you before you answer the first question.
- Practice. Practicing makes sure you are prepared and get it right on the big day. Practice also reduces nervousness.
WHAT GUARANTEES DO YOU PROVIDE?
We don't guarantee getting any particular job offer because successful interviewing is also about identifying which jobs are not right for you. You do not want to get a job that doesn't suit you because of your values, interests etc. We can guarantee that interview coaching will improve your interview ability and success. Part of our process is making sure your expectations are met. If you are not satisfied with the service for any reason we want to know and will do what is in our power to make it better.