NO TIME TO UPDATE YOUR RESUME?
A good resume is essential if you want to find a new job. But updating or rewriting your resume requires time and due care and attention:
- It's important to use the latest formats because times have changed and resumes have become more succinct
- There are guidelines that you need to follow to make sure that your resume isn't rejected by Applicant Tracking Systems
- If you want to make a good impression on the recruiter your resume must be well written and error-free
USE A PROFESSIONAL RESUME WRITER
Most people will ask a friend or family member to review their resume for them. But be careful of this because they might:
- Be busy or distracted by other tasks,
- Not pick up on all the mistakes and,
- Not know the latest and best resume formats and conventions.
Besides being vastly more experienced and able to provide advice from having seen many resumes, a Professional Resume Writer:
- Will give you an external point of view,
- Is discreet and will pay your resume the care and attention needed to find mistakes,
- Isn't busy or distracted with other tasks and will give you prompt service,
- Has the necessary skills and experience to write a resume that gets you interviews,
- Knows the best resume format to get past Applicant Tracking Systems and knows how to maximize keywords to match you to the job you want.
MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME MATCHES HOW AWESOME YOU ARE
GOING FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
Interview preparation can make the difference between getting the job you want and waiting for the call that never comes. Make sure that you're a step ahead of the recruiter by checking out the tools offered in the Interview Success Series:
Do you have any comments, questions or tips about resume writing? Help the rest of us out by sharing in the comments below.
New to management? When you first get promoted to management, maybe if you’re lucky you might get leadership training. Now leadership training is great but learning about vision, values, culture etc. won’t help you to deal with the day-to-day problems that every manager has to face. That’s why WWW.BOSS.CAMP was invented. The program includes topics such as:
- How to motivate employees,
- What are bad employee motivators,
- What you must do as a manager but isn't on your job description,
- How leaders get power.