Delegation is an Essential Manager Skill
Delegation is an essential management skill that managers use to manage their own work loads. But delegation has the potential to be so much more than that because when you delegate properly the company and employees will also benefit.
Note: Delegation is one of those life skills that they just don’t teach you in school. Like many manager skills, it’s not just what you do that counts, it’s how you do it that makes the difference. Be a better boss with delegation manager skills.
Is your delegation working for you? Take the Work Delegation Checkup to find out.
- What are the 7 things you should not be doing as a manager
- What is your Boss SuperPower
- 5 Delegation mistakes to avoid
- Delegation Essentials (free, online manager training for your delegation skills)
How Delegation Benefits Companies
Here are some ways that delegation is beneficial to the company:
- Delegation increases profitability through higher employee utilisation and productivity
- Delegation promotes better creativity and problem solving which creates a sustainable advantage
- Delegation creates a higher skilled workforce
- Delegation results in more redundancy in your workforce gives better business continuity
- Delegation creates a more attractive workplace because employees are learning and growing: This help retain valuable employees and makes your company more attractive company for prospective hires
So these are the the ways that effective managers use delegation not just as a tool to get work done but also as a tool to create a happier, more productive, sustainable workforce.
Tip: To find out how to delegate, start with a good delegation process
Next Steps: Better Manager Skills With Delegation Essentials:
Delegation is an essential manager skill, to be a better boss, start with improving your own delegation skills with delegation training. Delegation Essentials is a free, online management training course. And you can even earn a certificate for your resume.
Do you have any comments, questions or tips about the benefits of delegation to companies? Please share in the comments below.